My rants and raves in the life of everyday news.

Friday, December 17, 2004

Hello and WTF is going on with SEPTA (With a Twist of Mayor Street)?

For all you EMS personnel out there, my Blog name speaks of pain... I'm the evil counterpart of the Veteran Blogger TrekMedic251, with a few exceptions. He's a Paramedic for the state of PA, I'm just the lowly Paramedic Student which, according to him, must bow to him (apparently he believes he is GOD, HA!!!!). He's a man who is 13 years older than me, and has less hair than me. What hair he has left... is mostly grey (I hear a door to the fiery abyss beginning to open about now). AND, he EXPECTS me to bow to HIM?!?!?!? Not bloody likely. Anyway, enough about demonic partner and myself. Sit back and, hopefully, enjoy my debut blog.

SEPTA (Southeastern Pennsylvania Transit Authority or... Southeastern Pennsylvania Transient A-HOLES?). WTF???? Are these people kidding me? This $62,ooo,ooo debt did not grow overnight, people. Now they expect the "fine" people of Philadelphia and the surrounding suburbs to suffer by raising rates, cutting jobs and service. Now with that being said, I have, for a second year, picked up Season Tickets for the Philadelphia W-I-N-G-S and used SEPTA throughout the first year. Now, SEPTA wants to cut weekend service (Sunday schedule for Saturday and reduction in Sunday service... whatever the hell that means). Well, this thoroughly pi***s me off. I now have to wait for the REVISED schedule to come out and hope to GOD that I don't have to drive truck car into the Sports Complex... and fight for parking, wait in traffic to enter/ leave, breath CO and listen to people curse everybody and their paramedic partner out. Besides, if you look at the bigger picture, what will this do for and to the E-A-G-L-E-S, Sixers, KIXX, Soul and Flyers (YES, I said Flyers. KEEP THE HOPE ALIVE, damn it!)? I'm fairly confident that I speak for many people who share the same view. To everybody who deals with SEPTA, I know this is going to hurt... bend over, smile and take it like a champ (for now)!!!

Hey, Board of Diaperwipes (or "Directors," whatever you prefer), I got a solution for you. You've known that you would have this debt for many, many years and now it needs to get taken care. SOLUTION: Why don't you go out on the street corner with the rest of vagrants, hold up a cup and ask for people's spare change?!?!?!? It has a tendancy to work!!!!!

Next, the infamous Mayor John Street (your turn to burn). You preached that you would go to court to stop this insanity. FINE. Let me ask you this... how far was your head up your ass when you tried to shut down 8 Engine and Ladder Companies. Hey, here's an idea. You go ahead, go to court and get SEPTA to run at 100%. Go ahead and close down those companies. You don't need them. The next fire you get, just bring in SEPTA with a bunch of geriatrics on board. They can throw their catheter bags full of urine on the fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger TheBitterAmerican said...

Note to self:
1) No more Amp, RockStar, or Red Bull for Mike
(besides when he spills them, the truck smells like a F**king SweetTart)

2) Slip more Depakote into his bottle of water

3) Reinforce the "Medic as God" principle to young Jedi disciple

4) Teach him how to actually USE a 14ga IV cath on a patient! (hehehe)

8:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home